(1) Becosules Capsules LPDBCC092021.
(2) Zhang Y, Zhou Wei-e et al, A Review of the Extraction and Determination Methods of Thirteen Essential Vitamins to the Human Body: An Update from 2010, Molecules. 2018, 23, 1484, doi:10.3390/molecules23061484
(3) Vitamin C Fact-sheet for Healthcare Professionals, NIH Office of Dietary Supplements, Available on: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminC-HealthProfessional/, Last accessed on: 10th June, 2021.
(4) Maggini S, Pierre A, Calder PC. Immune Function and Micronutrient Requirements Change over the Life Course. Nutrients. 2018;10(10):1531.
(5) Calder PC, Carr AC, Gombart AF, Eggersdorfer M. Optimal Nutritional Status for a Well-Functioning Immune System Is an Important Factor to Protect against Viral Infections. Nutrients. 2020;12(4):1181.
(6) Shakoor H, Feehan J, Mikkelsen K, Al Dhaheri AS, Ali HI, Platat C, Ismail LC, Stojanovska L, Apostolopoulos V. Be well: A potential role for vitamin B in COVID-19. Maturitas. 2021 Feb 1;144:108-11.
(7) Powers HJ. Riboflavin (vitamin B-2) and health. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 2003 Jun 1;77(6):1352-60.
(8) Coerdt KM, Goggins CA, Khachemoune A. Vitamins A, B, C, and D: A short review for the dermatologist. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. 2021 Jul 1;27(4):41-8.
(9) National Institutes of Health. Vitamin B12 fact sheet for consumers.
(10) HSL Vitamin Mineral [Internet]. Scribd. Scribd; [cited 2022Dec5]. Available from: https://www.scribd.com/document/185471950/HSL-Vitamin-Mineral
^2X here refers to 2-times.
† Average vitamin C content of a medium-sized Orange is 70 mg.
$ Recommended dosage of Becosules capsules is 1 Capsule Daily OR as directed by the Physician.
*Indicated in the treatment of patients with deficiencies of or increased requirement for, vitamin B-complex, and vitamin C.
BECOSULES ® CAPSULES SUMMARY OF PRESCRIBING INFORMATION
Before prescribing, please refer to the full prescribing information of Becosules® Capsules
Generic name: B-Complex Forte with Vitamin C Capsules ®Trademark Proprietor: Pfizer Products Inc., USA. Licensed User: Pfizer Limited, India. Brand name of product: BECOSULES ® CAPSULES ®Trademark Proprietor: Pfizer Products Inc., USA, Licensed User: Pfizer Limited, India Indications: Becosules capsules are indicated in the treatment of patients with deficiencies of, or increased requirement for, vitamin B-complex, and vitamin C in conditions such as anorexia, diabetes mellitus, obesity and alcoholism, during treatment with antimicrobials which alter normal intestinal flora, prolonged diarrhea , chronic gastro-intestinal disorders, febrile illness, acute or chronic infections, surgery, burns and fractures, stomatitis, glossitis, cheilosis, paraesthesias, neuralgia and dermatitis and micronutrient deficiencies during pregnancy or lactation.. Pharmaceutical Form : Each capsule contains: Thiamine Mononitrate I.P. 10 mg, Riboflavin I.P. 10 mg, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride I.P. 3 mg, Vitamin B12 I.P. ( as STABLETS 1:100) 15 mcg ,Niacinamide I.P. 100 mg ,Calcium Pantothenate I.P. 50 mg, Folic Acid I.P. 1.5 mg ,Biotin U.S.P. 100 mcg, Ascorbic Acid I.P. (as coated) 150 mg Dosage: One capsule daily, or as directed by the physician. Method of Administration: Oral Contraindications: Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of Becosules Capsules. Warnings and Precautions: The use of Becosules capsules in patients with deficiency or increased requirement of vitamins B-complex, and vitamin C should be accompanied by specific therapy for the primary illness. Treatment with Becosules capsules should be continued only until the deficiency is corrected or the need for supplementation exists. Pyridoxine in Becosules capsules may reduce the therapeutic effects of levodopa in Parkinson's disease. Riboflavin in Becosules capsules may color the urine yellow. During treatment with Becosules capsules, the urine may give a false positive result for sugar by Benedict's test because of the presence of ascorbic acid. Therefore, a test not affected by ascorbic acid, should be used. In pernicious anemia, folic acid in Becosules capsules may correct anemia but aggravate neurological lesion. Use in Special population: In pregnant and lactating women, dosing should be per recommended allowances for their condition as advised by physician, since their vitamin requirements may be higher. Adverse reactions: Hypersensitivity reactions have been reported with thiamine and folic acid, although these are rare. Drug interactions: Although the clinical importance is unknown, thiamine reportedly may enhance the effect of neuromuscular blocking agents. The rate and extent of absorption of riboflavin are reportedly affected by propantheline bromide. Pyridoxine hydrochloride reverses the therapeutic effects of levodopa by accelerating peripheral metabolism of levodopa. Absorption of vitamin B12 from the GI tract may be decreased by aminoglycoside antibiotics, colchicine, extended-release potassium preparations, amino salicylic acid and its salts and anticonvulsants (e.g., phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone). Prednisone has been reported to increase the absorption of vitamin B12 in a few patients with pernicious anemia. The clinical importance of these findings is unknown. Concurrent administration of chloramphenicol and vitamin B12 reportedly may antagonize the hematopoietic response to vitamin B12 in vitamin B12 deficient patients. The hematologic response to vitamin B12 in patients receiving both drugs should be carefully monitored and alternate anti-infectives should be considered. Niacin reportedly potentiates the hypotensive effect of ganglionic blocking drugs. Overdose: B-Complex vitamins are water soluble and excess vitamins are expelled in urine. Hence overdose is very rare. Storage Condition: Store below 25°C, in a dry place. Adapted from- LPDBCC092017
Becosules® capsules Trademark Proprietor: Pfizer Products Inc. USA. Licensed User: Pfizer Limited, India
Full product information available on request. Kindly consult your doctor for more details
Breakthrough that changes patients’ lives ®
®Pfizer Inc. | Pfizer Limited, The Capital-A wing, 1802, 18th Floor, Plot no. C-70, G-Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400051, India